This may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but shower heads can get pretty gross over time. Minerals and hard water stains build up over the years, eventually clogging water ports and making your water flow weak or unbalanced.
Don’t worry, though. There’s a pretty easy way you can clean your shower head and have it working like new again.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 zip tie
- 1 plastic bag
How to clean shower heads:
- Fill the plastic bag with vinegar
- Loosely attach the zip tie to the showerhead
- Submerge the showerhead in the bag of vinegar, tightening the zip tie to the top of the bag
- Soak overnight
- Remove bag by cutting the zip tie with scissors
- Run water through the showerhead for three minutes
That’s seriously all you need to do!
If your shower head still isn’t getting strong flow out of it, this could be a sign of a deeper problem. Give us a call and we’ll help you figure out what’s going on.